A comfortable and accommodating guest room is the key to well-rested and happy visitors during this holiday season! We put together a room which includes some of our top essentials to include in your guest space design…
1. Bedside Storage: A great way to increase storage for your guest in a tiny guest room is to use small single dressers or chests instead of a traditional set of nightstands with a dresser.
2. Bud Vases: Make sure the room smells fresh with some small, colorful bud vases on the nightstand. During the holidays, fill them with rosemary or eucalyptus! We found these at West Elm.
3. Candles & Books: A great way to create ambiance for your guests. Here we used an assorted collection of glass and brass holders. Coffee table books aren’t just for the coffee table! Add a small stack to entertain your guests who are far from home.
4. Lamps: A very important part of a room’s design is to provide different levels of lighting. These lamps bring in a little sparkle with their glass and brass finish.
5. Bench: It is important to provide a place to set a suitcase or simply sit to put shoes on. This bench has a casual, elegant design and would not appear to take up a large volume of space.
6. Bedding: Bedding should feel soft to the touch and have layers for hot or cold sleepers. We chose a velvet and linen tufted quilt and shams, along with a washed herringbone sateen coverlet and Euro shams. A custom antique velvet pillow adds a festive touch for this time of year!
7. Area Rug: This cozy wool rug adds another layer of softness and comfort for your guests. We selected rich colors in a contemporary pattern.
8. Window Hardware: The hardware sits under the crown and extends all the way across the wall. This will allow the drapes to cover more, giving us better control over light.
9. Drapery: We matched our wall color and trim color to the creamy linen drapes to give a spacious feeling, while wrapping the whole room in a blanket of warmth.
10. Mirror: This antiqued round mirror adds sparkle and elegance!
Unless otherwise noted, all products available through Sara Ray Interior Design.